Tuesday 24 January 2017

An unexpected Journey


Life sometimes takes an unexpected turn. Don’t wait too long. Life takes unexpected turns, so we don’t always have the time we think we have. Life has a way of seldom going the way we expect. It turns when we expect it to continue straight. It continues straight when we expect it to turnAnd sometimes it takes a nice speedy drive down a hill.

Whats your story

“I was trying my luck hard to get into the MBA program at Harvard University. I was really excited for the 1st and 2nd time but later started losing hope. It was the sixth and the last time I was about to apply. But I guess, my stars were shining, as I opened the envelope, it had written, Harvard University invites to join the MBA program the coming June. My life suddenly took an unexpectedturn.”- Mohit Goenka

“I fell in Love! And my life changed like anything”- Mohini Mehra

“Last winter on a chilly Sunday, I lost my Mom. My life took am major turn”- Jennifer.

“Love at first sight! is what had happened with me and she completely changed me. Today I am a different person. My life was changed”- Rohan Agrawal.

Life in such way takes many twists and turns.  So, don’t take your life too seriously and plan trips. The only way to explore life, nature and its beauty which we miss in our day-to-day life. 
Ways to plan a trip:
  1. Plan different types vacations – There are many different flavors of vacation. Ask yourself, what kind of vacation will give you the rest you need right now. A cruise? A cycling adventure? A prayer or meditation retreat?
  2. Come up with creative challenges – Create a fun challenge for yourself. I know a friend who stops by the local grocery store to snap a photo of bags of Cheetos upon arriving in a different country. What about ‘selfies’ of your favorite rubber ducky or plush elephant in different locations?
  3. Limit online activities – Bring an e-reader with only books on it. Bring an SLR camera to take photos to avoid incessant phone notifications. Set up an out-of-office reply on your email account. Check unread emails once a day or avoid checking emails altogether—whatever works best for you.
  4. Avoid social media – Use apps like Glympse or Find My Friends to automate location notifications and avoid posting daily status updates. Consider meeting up with friends at your destination for some real face-time.
  5. Get organized Make a ‘must-do’ and ‘nice-to-do’ list of places you’d like to visit or explore. Use Google Maps to create custom walking tours. Snap photos of outfits you can wear on your trip, and include them in your packing list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment